Who We Are
Gap Hill is approximately 64 years old. We are an active church that is interested in reaching souls for Christ and serving the community through Him. We try to create an atmosphere of worship each week, so that families can come and be touched by the Spirit of God. Come join our services and look forward to a time of worship with us.
Along with Pastor Tony Edwards, Gap Hill Church of God has many ministries to offer anyone who wishes to have a growing relationship with Christ. A variety of ministries are available to meet your families needs, including ministries for Joyleers (Senior adults), Mens Fellowship, Women's Ministries, Outreach Ministries (Families Fighting Addiction/Rest & Recovery), World & Home Missions Team, Nursing Home Ministries, Various Drama & Puppet Ministries, Prayer Ministries, Gap Kids Church, and Overflow Youth. Gap Hill is known abroad for their talent in music ministry which leads us in worship each week.
Declaration Of Faith
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement.
- In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.